This position is responsible for supporting the deposit services department and providing assistance to the Director of Deposit Operations, Deposit Services Manager, and Deposit Services Team Lead with various activities/projects. Responsible for helping to reach goals and support deposit operations initiatives.
• Provide support for Deposit Services’ functions including wire and ACH, new account and file maintenance review, legal orders, bank by mail, mailroom, IRA and HSA Review, ICS and CDARS, remote capture review, lockbox processing, EIM processing, and other departmental tasks.
• Provide support for Digital Services’ functions including online banking support, debit card support, ATM support, and dispute processing.
• Assist with corporate and departmental projects, such as the clean-up of customer data and files, research, and other projects as assigned.
• Assist with gathering, analyzing, and providing recommendations related to audit documentation, copies and reports as requested.
• Participate in team tasks, including but not limited to: verifying outgoing wires, deposit compliance inquiries, maintenance requests, hunt group calls, and assisting with all other Deposit Services inquiries.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all customer records and personal information. This includes shredding unnecessary documentation and locking/securing work area each day before leaving.
• Perform other such duties as assigned.
• Maintain compliance with and adhere to all state and federal regulations and bank policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, FACT ACT, Community Reinvestment Act, and EEO/AA/Fair Employment Practices.
Reports to Director of Deposit Operations.
Education & Experience
• Current college student in a finance or accounting field of study
Knowledge & Skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and be a team player
• Ability to operate standard office equipment and software
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of bank personnel, auditors, vendors and external customers
• Solid foundation in technical abilities and highly computer proficient. Excellent computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office Suites (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
Sonabank is a Big Believer in our communities, and a Big Believer in You! We offer 45 retail locations across Virginia, Maryland and the Washington D.C. area—making us the 5th largest Virginia based community bank. We also have loan production offices in Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Chesterfield, and Warrenton, Virginia.
Our customers have access to leading Commercial, Real Estate, and Small Business Administration Lenders, as well as the ability to choose from unique products such as mortgage solutions through our affiliation with Southern Trust Mortgage; Kasasa®, free checking that rewards you for banking; P.O.W.E.R.®, a program designed specifically for women in business; and Community Believers, a program designed for non-profit organizations.