This position is responsible for supporting the Credit Risk department and providing assistance to the Chief Risk Officer with various activities/projects. This position is also responsible for helping reach goals and supporting Credit Risk initiatives.
• Spread and analyze financial statements for credit requests.
• Develop knowledge of banking laws and regulations necessary to evaluate credit risk.
• Input small business applications received from the retail loan officer into Credit Quest.
• Prepare financial spreadsheets.
• Assist with conducting and/or preparing global cash flow analysis.
• Assemble financial information as required to support small business loans submitted for new credit and renewal, such as personal credit bureau reports, business credit reports, current business status through the SCC and other documentation needed to assess borrowers’ ability to repay debt.
• Complete bank reports, as requested.
• Perform other such duties as assigned.
• Maintain compliance with and adhere to all state and federal regulations and bank policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, FACT ACT, Community Reinvestment Act, and EEO/AA/Fair Employment Practices.
This position reports to the Chief Risk Officer.
Education & Experience
• Current college student in a finance, corporate finance, or accounting field of study
Knowledge & Skills
• Superior analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and be a team player
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to handle confidential information is a professional manner
• Ability to organize and maintain accurate records
• Excellent computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office Suites (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
Sonabank is a Big Believer in our communities, and a Big Believer in You! We offer 45 retail locations across Virginia, Maryland and the Washington D.C. area—making us the 5th largest Virginia based community bank. We also have loan production offices in Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Chesterfield, and Warrenton, Virginia.
Our customers have access to leading Commercial, Real Estate, and Small Business Administration Lenders, as well as the ability to choose from unique products such as mortgage solutions through our affiliation with Southern Trust Mortgage; Kasasa®, free checking that rewards you for banking; P.O.W.E.R.®, a program designed specifically for women in business; and Community Believers, a program designed for non-profit organizations.